File a Complaint

Know your rights. Protect Them.

Any individual who believes that he or she has been discriminated against based on protected class status may file a charge of discrimination with the WSHRC.

Under the law, everyone has the right to be free from discrimination at work, in housing, in a public accommodation, or when seeking credit and insurance. A charge must be filed with WSHRC within six month from the date of the alleged violation, in order to protect your rights. Before filing a complaint, review the three lists below to make sure your complaint is (1) in our jurisdiction, (2) relates to a protected class, and (3) fits our investigative process.

1. Our Jurisdiction

Under the law, the Human Rights Commission can investigate complaints of alleged discrimination in the following areas:

3. Investigative Process

Our role under the law is to gather facts about the situation and then determine whether there is cause to believe that discrimination occurred.

Complaint Forms

If you feel that your complaint meets the requirements above, download the PDF Compalint Form that matches the nature of your complaint and mail it to the WSHRC office closest to you. For Housing and Credit complaints, please contact the WSHRC directly at 1-800-233-3247.